Seametrics Insert Flow Meter
Electromagnetic Insertion Flow Meter
- Depth adjustable sensors
- EX110 fits any 1-1/2″ pipe fitting (standard saddle, for instance) and adjusts to pipe sizes 3-10″
- EX210 adjusts to pipe sizes 10-48″
- Meter extends only about 1/8 of pipe diameter, minimizing potential for clogging with debris
- Accept SeaMetrics modules for rate and total indication, 4-20 mA conversion, data logging, and flow switching
- Alternatively, signal can be sent directly to a PLC or other control
- Available in brass or 316 stainless steel
- Immersibility and reverse flow output available
The complete lack of moving parts of the EX100/200-Series insertion flow sensor is the source of its reliability. Brass and stainless steel models withstand a variety of temperature, pressure, and chemical conditions. The EX-Series has no rotor to stop turning in dirty water and there are no bearings to wear out. Like all magmeters, when used in chemical injection applications, these meters should be installed upstream of the chemical line (or far enough downstream to allow complete mixing of fluids before the meter).Adapters mate with standard 1-1/2” (11x/21x)
or 2” (15x/25x) FNPT threaded fittings such as saddles and weldolets
which may be purchased either locally or from Seametrics.
A rapidly reversing magnetic field is produced in the lower housing. As the fluid moves through this field, a voltage is generated that is measured and translated into a frequency signal proportional to flow rate. This square wave signal can be sent directly to a PLC or other control or can be converted using any of the Seametrics family of indicators and converters.
A modular system of electronics can be attached directly to the flow sensor or remotely mounted.The FT430 (externally powered with pulse) and the
FT440 (loop powered), both provide digital rate and total displays, as well
as a programmable pulse; the FT440 also provides a 4-20 mA analog
output. The AO55 is a blind analog (4-20 mA) transmitter. Programmable
pulse for pump pacing is available with the PD10 (available as wall-
mounted unit only).