Dwyer IEF Series Adjustable Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Transmitter is an adjustable insertion flowmeter featuring electromagnetic technology that accurately and reliably measures fluid velocity in addition to providing several continuous signal outputs.
This series is specifically designed to offer superior performance paired with simple installation and use. One unit is adjustable to fit pipe sizes from 4 to 36″ (101.6 to 914.4 mm), and offers several output options including selectable BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communications protocol over 2-wire RS-485 in addition to the standard analog, frequency and alarm outputs.
Flow Transmitters are sensors with an electrical transmission output for remote indication of flow rate. The different transmitters are Ultrasonic, Paddlewheel: in-line, adjustable and fixed, electromagnetic: adjustable, in-line and fixed, and turbine: in-line. Accessories and Fittings for these flow transmitters are also in this category.
Electromagnetic flow transmitters are sensors with electrical transmission output for indication of liquid flow rate. Adjustable insertion length models are available. This liquid flow meter that uses a magnetic field to measure flow. Applications include municipal, industrial, irrigation, and conductive liquids.
Dwyer IEF Series Features
- Field configurable, integral or remote setup displays (-LCD option or accessory A-IEF-DSP) allow for ultimate flexibility by accommodating a variety of application configurations with one model through multiple display configurations i.e. pipe size, pipe material, liquid type, analog output, pulse/frequency output, alarm outputs, communication outputs, damping, and calibration factor.
- High performance accuracy is maintained through temperature, density or viscosity.
- Setup Wizard and installation tool are simple to use allowing for quick and precise installation.
- Accessory setup kit A-IEF-KIT ensures exact installation application depth with included thickness gage and measuring tape.
- NIST traceable pass/fail verification certificate included standard for Carbon Steel Schedule 40 pipes sized 4″ (102 mm), 6″ (150 mm), 8″ (200 mm), and 10″ (250 mm) with high accuracy option; 10″ (250 mm) with standard option.
- Boiler feed water
- Chilled water
- Open and closed loop condenser water
- Ground water remediation
- Chemical processing
- Pump protection
Dwyer IEF Series Specification
|Service||Compatible clean or dirty non coating, conductive liquids.|
|Range||0 to 20 ft/s (0 to 6 m/s).|
|Wetted Materials||Body shaft/fitting: 316SS; Electrodes: 316SS; Electrode cap: Polymer/Polystyrene; O-ring: Silicon.|
|Accuracy||High accuracy units: ±0.5% of reading at calibrated velocity; ±1% of reading from 2 to 20 ft/s (0.6 to 6 m/s); ±0.02 ft/s (±0.006 m/s) at < 2 ft/s (0.6 m/s);|
|Standard accuracy units: ±1% FS.|
|Temperature Limits||Ambient: -20 to 160°F (-29 to 71°C); Process: 15 to 250°F (-9 to 121°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).|
|Process Connection||1″ NPT or BSPT with accessory full port ball valve options.|
|Pressure Limits||400 psi (27.6 bar) @ 100º F (37.8°C).|
|Pressure Drop||< 0.1 psi at 12 ft/s in 4″ (101.6 mm) and larger pipe.|
|Power Requirements||12 to 42.4 VDC, .25 A @ 24 VDC; 12 to 36 VAC.|
|Display||2″ ( 5.08 cm) x 2″ (5.08 cm) graphic LCD with backlight.|
Download Data Sheet: Series IEF Adjustable Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Transmitter