Dwyer Series PFT Insertion Paddlewheel Flowmeters are used to monitor liquid flow rates in pipes from 1-1/2 to 40″ and is available in brass or 316 SS body.
The unit outputs a frequency proportional pulsed or 4 to 20 mA output. The pulse models are a square wave output signal with frequency proportional to the flow velocity and the 4 to 20 mA models have a linear output of the velocity with 4 mA equal to 0 ft/s and 20 mA equal to 25 ft/s.
The different transmitters are Ultrasonic, Paddlewheel: in-line, adjustable and fixed, electromagnetic: adjustable, in-line and fixed, and turbine: in-line. Accessories and Fittings for these flow transmitters are also in this category.
Rotating paddle sensors with electrical transmission output for remote indication of liquid flow rate. Adjustable insertion length models are available. Used to monitor liquid flow rates in pipes. Applications include irrigation, cooling systems, and leak detection.
Dwyer Series PFT Features
- Bearings and shaft offer excellent wear protection even in applications with particulate for long life
- Weatherproof and submersible rated for irrigation applications
- One unit adjustable over a large pipe size range
- Multiple wetted material choices offer application versatility
- Integral 4 to 20 mA output with no need for additional external components
- Sensor technology uses inductive sensing to sense the blades of the impeller therefor does not use magnets allowing low flow rate monitoring with no concerns regarding magnetic material in the flow
- Ground water remediation
- Cooling systems
- Pump protection
- Leak detection
- Filtration systems
|Range||1.2 to 25 ft/s (0.37 to 7.62 m/s).|
|Wetted Materials||Body and fitting: Brass or 316 SS; Fitting O-ring: FKM standard, silicone or Buna-N optional; Impeller: 316 SS; Shaft: tungsten carbide standard or 316 SS optional; Bearing: PTFE standard.|
|Linearity||±1.0% of FS.|
|Repeatability||±0.5% of FS.|
|Temperature Limits||-40 to 212°F (-40 to 100°C).|
|Pressure Limits||400 psig (27.6 bar) @ 100°F (37.8°C), 325 psig (22.4 bar) @ 212°F (100°C).|
|Process Connection||1-1/2″ NPT male standard, 2″ NPT male optional.|
|Output||> Pulse: NPN open collector with square wave output, rated 60 V @ 50 mA maximum.|
|Frequency: 3.2 to 200 Hz. Pulse Width: 2.5 msec ±25%.|
|4 to 20 mA: 4 mA is 0 ft/s, 20 mA is 25 ft/s.|
|Power Requirement||10 to 35 VDC.|
|Power Consumption||40 mA (max).|
|Electrical Connection||22 AWG shielded UL type PTLC rated 105°C, 20′ (6.1 m) long with cable gland. Can be extended up to 2000′ (609 m) with similar cable. Optional UL listed burial rated cable.|
|Enclosure Rating||NEMA 6P (IP67)|
|Housing Materials||Brass or 316 SS.|
|Weight||3 lb. (1.36 kg).|
Download Data Sheet: Series PFT Paddlewheel Flow Sensor