Flow includes Flow Transmitters, Flow Sensors, Flowmeters, Sight Flow Indicators and Water Meters. Mass Flowmeters, Controllers, Flow Indicators and Controllers are ideal for measurement of flow rates. Flow Switches come as paddle, thermal, piezo, and shuttle/piston. Flow Switch Sensors with an electrical contact output at a specific flow rate have different types of switches, which are paddle, thermal, piezo, and shuttle/piston.
Paddle flow switches or vane sensors with an electrical contact output are at a specific flow rate. Dwyer flow switches are economical and reliable. Applications include proof of boiler flow, air conditioning, controlling of dampers according to flow, and protecting pumps, motors and other equipment against low or no flow.
The Series V6 Flotect® Flow Switch is surprisingly compact, and specifically engineered to monitor liquid, gas, or air flows. Time tested in thousands of pipeline installations and processing plants around the world, this Series is Weatherproof, designed to meet NEMA 4 and Explosion-proof (listing included in specifications). Tees are available for installation in pipelines from 1/2″ to 2″ (12.70 to 50.80 mm). With bushings added the unit is easily adapted to 1/4″ and 3/8″ (6.35 and 9.53 mm) piping.
- Leak proof body machined from bar stock
- Choice of models in a tee with calibrated vane or field adjustable trimmable vane
- Electrical assembly can be easily replaced without removing the unit from the installation so that the process does not have to be shut down
- High pressure rating of 1000 psig (69 bar) with brass body and 2000 psig (138 bar) on the 316 SS body
- Low flow model offers field adjustable set point
- Features a free-swinging vane which attracts a magnet within the solid metal switch body, actuating a snap switch by means of a simple lever arm with no bellows, springs, or seals to fail
- Automatically starts auxiliary pumps and engines
- Stops liquid cooled engines, machines and processing when coolant flow is interrupted
- Shuts down burner when air flow through heating coil fails
- Controls dampers according to flow
- Signals alarm when emergency shower or eyewash station in use
|Service||Gases or liquids compatible with wetted materials.|
|Pressure Limit||Brass lower body with no tee models 1000 psig (69 bar), 303 SS lower body with no tee models 2000 psig (138 bar). Brass tee models 250 psi (17.2 bar), iron tee models 1000 psi (69 bar), forged and stainless steel tee models 2000 psi (138 bar), low flow models 1450 psi (100 bar).|
|Switch Type||SPDT snap switch standard, DPDT snap switch optional.|
|Electrical Connections||UL models: 18 AWG, 18″ (457.20 mm) long. ATEX/CSA / IECEx models: terminal block.|
|Upper Body||Brass or 303 stainless steel.|
|Conduit Connections||3/4″ (19.05 mm) male NPT standard, 3/4″ (19.05 mm) female NPT or M25 with BSPT option on junction box models.|
|Process Connection||1/2″ (12.70 mm) male NPT or 1/2″ (12.70 mm) male BSPT on models without a tee.|
Download Data Sheet: Series V6 Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switches