Dwyer V4 Flotect Series Vane Flow Switch Flow Switch operates automatically to protect equipment and pipeline systems against damage from reduction or loss of flow. Flotect Series V4 Installed in thousands of pipelines and processing plants around the world, this unique magnetically actuated switching design assures superior performance.
Universal multi layer vane accommodates pipe sizes from 1-1/2″ up. Custom vanes are available with factory calibration. There are no bellows, springs or seals to fail. Instead, a free-swinging vane attracts a magnet within the solid metal switch body above, actuating a SPDT snap switch by means of a simple lever arm.
Dwyer V4 Flotect Series Features
Simplicity of design and a leak proof switch body, precision machined from solid bar stock for pressures to 2000 psig (140 kg/cm2), eliminating the chance of process fluid entering the switch compartment. The threaded conduit enclosure cover permits easy inspection or replacement of electrical assembly without shutting down the process – once power has been disconnected. The control fits directly into pipeline with a tee, thread-o-let or flange for fast, easy installation. Pendulum-like vane action responds accurately and consistently to fluid flow rates. Both multi layer universal and custom vanes are sensitive to low velocity flows yet are rugged enough to withstand high flow surges.
Protects motors, pumps and other equipment against low or no flow. Controls sequential operation of pumps, etc. Automatically starts auxiliary pumps and engines or actuates alarm and signal systems. Stops water cooled engines, machines and processes when coolant flow is interrupted. Shuts down burner when air flow through heating coil fails. Controls dampers according to flow. Stops machines if lubricating oil flow ceases.
Dwyer V4 Flotect Series Physical data
- Service: Gases or liquids compatible with wetted materials.
Vane: 316 SS.
Body: Brass or 316 SS standard.
Magnet Keeper: 430 SS standard, 316 SS optional.
Options: Other materials also available, consult factory (e.g. PVC, Hastelloy, Nickel, Monel, Titanium).
- Temperature Limit: -4 to 275°F (-20 to 135°C) standard, MT high temperature option 400°F (205°C) [MT option not UL, CSA, ATEX or SAA].
- Pressure Limit: Brass body 1000 psig (69 bar), 316 SS body 2000 psig (138 bar), optional 5000 psig (345 bar) available with 316 SS body and SPDT switch only.
- Enclosure Rating: Weatherproof [meets NEMA 4 (IP65)] and Explosion-proof. Listed with UL and CSA for Class I, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups E, F, and G. ATEX CE 0344 EX II 2 G EEx d IIB T6 -20°C≤Tamb≤75°C, EC-Type Certificate No.: KEMA 03ATEX 2383. SAA: Exd C T6 (T amb=60°C), Zone I. Also FM approved.
- Switch Type: SPDT snap switch standard, DPDT snap switch optional.
- Electrical Rating: UL, FM ATEX and SAA models 10A @ 125/250 VAC. CSA models: 5A @ 125/250 VAC; 5A res., 3A ind. @ 30 VDC . MV option: 1A @125 VAC; 1A res., .5A ind. @ 30 VDC. MT option: 5A @ 125/250 VAC. [MT and MV option not UL, CSA, FM, ATEX or SAA].
- Electrical Connections: UL and CSA models: 16 AWG, 6″ (152 mm) long. ATEX and SAA unit: Terminal block
- Conduit Connection: 3/4″ female NPT.
- Process Connection: 1-1/2″ male NPT.
- Mounting Orientation: Within 5° of vertical for proper operation. Units for horizontal installation (vertical pipe with up flow) available.
- Set Point Adjustment: For universal vane: five vane combinations.
- Weight: 4 lb 8 oz (1.9 kg).
- Agency Approvals: UL, CSA, CE, FM, SAA and ATEX.
Reference : nciweb.net