The FG Series is a magnetic float level transmitter comprising a float and sensing guide rod From Fine Tek Co., Ltd. The float is sized (volume and weight) based on the density of the fluid to be measured. As the liquid in the vessel travels up and down, the float will rise and fall on the sensing rod. The magnetic float level transmitter has a resistance output directly proportional to float position, fluid level.
FG series are magnetic float level transmitter devices using the principles of buoyancy and magnetism to generate a changing electrical output in response to the rise and fall of the float on the sensing guide rod. The magnetic float level transmitter provides a 3-wire resistance output or can be equipped with an appropriate level transmitter to provide a 4-20mA analog signal indicating liquid level. The sensing guide rod includes a series of reed switches along the entire measuring length. Placement of reed switches provides either of two possible measuring resolutions.
- 4-20mA output, 2-wire loop powered, or 3-wire resistance output
- Resolution of 0.25″ (6.35mm) or 0.5″ (12.7mm)
- 19.7ft (6m) maximum length
- Liquid level measurement with S.G. of >0.45
- Explosionproof, corrosion-resistant and marine use units available
- Tank level measurement of wide range of liquids
- Level control applications, input to PLC and DCS systems
- Pump or other process equipment control
- Marine use
- Oil storage tank
- Many others