ONICON F-4400 Portable Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Meter is the ideal tool for testing and validating flow. The battery operated portable meter utilizes clamp-on transducers to measure flow through the pipe wall. It is designed for use with pipes ranging from 2” through 48” in diameter, and it works with most commonly used pipe materials. Programming is easy with the on-screen menu system. Just enter the pipe diameter, wall thickness and pipe material. The F-4400 can be powered for up to 18 hours using the internal, rechargeable NiMH battery, or it can be operated continuously with the AC poser adapter. Monitoring flow over time is made easy with the built-in data logger. The logger can capture up to 300,000 points with intervals ranging from 10 seconds to 5 minutes apart. Download data to you PC via USB. A 4-20 mA output is also available when operating from the AC power adapter.
The F-4400 ultrasonic flow meter is ideal for flow testing during test and balance. It is also useful for temporary flow monitoring in existing systems to establish baseline demand data.
Ideal for Temporary Flow Measurement
Clamp-on transducers allow for quick installation with no shutdown, no drilling and no pressure drop. Each meter is provided with a built-in data logger making it possible to monitor flow over time.
Designed for Multiple Pipe Materials and Sizes
The F-4400 is designed to work with many different pipe materials. A partial list of common pipe materials includes carbon steel, stainless steel, copper, PVC, HDPE and fiberglass. The meter will work with pipe sizes ranging from 2” to 48” in diameter.
Simple to Set Up and Use
The F-4400 is easily configured through the handheld backlit display and 5-button keypad interface. Just enter the pipe material and OD, wall thickness and fluid type. The F-4400 will then display the correct transducer separation distance.
- Flow testing for closed loop HVAC chilled, hot and condenser water systems
- Temporary flow monitoring for domestic/municipal water
- Flow testing for process water & other clean liquids
- Baseline monitoring for project planning
FEATURESIdeal for Monitoring & Testing – Clamp-on transducers allow for quick installation with no shutdown, no drilling and no pressure drop. Each meter is provided with a built-in data logger making it an ideal solution for monitoring flow over time. Works with Common Pipe Materials – The F-4400 is designed to work with many different pipe materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, copper, PVC, HDPE fiberglass. Operates Over a Very Wide Flow Range – The F-4400 is capable of measuring flow over a 400:1 turndown from less than 0.1 ft/sec to 39 ft/sec in velocity. This makes the F-4400 ideal for testing and monitoring many different flow applications, including leak testing. Simple to Set Up and Use –
The F-4400 is easily configured through the handheld backlit display and 5-button keypad interface. Just enter the pipe material and OD, wall thickness and fluid type. The F-4400 will display the correct transducer separation distance.
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONSACCURACY ±1% of reading or ±0.1 ft/sec (0.03 m/sec), whichever is greater Repeatability & Linearity: ±0.25%
OVERALL FLOW RANGE 0.07 to 39 ft/sec
SENSING METHOD Clamp-on ultrasonic, differential transit time method in direct or reflect mode. For clean liquids in full pipes with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles
PIPE SIZE RANGE 2” through 48” nominal diameter
POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS Built-in NiMH battery for up to 18 hours continuous operation External charger with 100-240VAC 50/60Hz input FLUID TEMPERATURE RANGE Standard: -40° F to 300° F
AMBIENT TEMPERATURE RANGE -5° F to 140° F
OUTPUT SIGNALS PROVIDED 4-20 mA (500 ohm) when powered by AC adapter USB for data log transfer by direct PC connection
TRANSMITTER Handheld, ABS plastic
DISPLAY White, backlit matrix – displays a 5-digit flow rate with floating decimal point, a 14-digit totalizer, a calibration menu and a daily flow report.
NOTE: Specifications are subject to change without notice.
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE
- One pair SE16B clamp-on,ultrasonic transducers for 2” to 48” (50mm to 1200 mm) pipes
- Transducer cables – 12 ft (3.5m) coaxial with BNC connectors
- Flow rate range – ± 0.07 to 39 ft/sec (± 0.02 to 12 m/sec)
- Installation – stainless steel transducer brackets, mounting clamps, alignment bar and silicone coupling compound kit
- Enclosure – portable ABS with rugged IP67 carry case
- Display – white, backlit matrix LCD
- Totalizer – 14 digit
- Calibration – built-in 5-key programmer
- Damping – keypad adjustable
- Power input – built-in NiMH battery for up to 18 hours operation – external charger with 100 – 240 VAC power input
- Outputs – 4-20 mA (500 ohm), USB
- Data logger – fully programmable 300,000 point capacity
- ONICON Logger PC software for Windows™
- One set cables – 4-20 mA and USB
- One Installation and Operation Manual