Contrec 103D Flow Rate Totalizer is a DC powered Rate Totaliser and is designed to operate with Turbine, Positive Displacement and Paddlewheel Flowmeters in applications such as irrigation systems and pipelines, and as a replacement for mechanical registers.
The 103D is a high accuracy Rate Totaliser designed to operate with digital output flowmeters. Having an IP67 weatherproof case, tactile keyboard and various mounting options, makes it a very versatile unit.
Contrec 103D Flow Rate Totalizer Features
- Pulse Output
- High and Low
- Flow Rate Alarms
- Fully Programmable
- Displays Rate, Total and Accumulated Total
- DC Powered
- Panel, Wall and Pipe Mounting
- Watertight to IP67 (Nema 4X)
- CE Compliant
Field Mounting Rate Totalizer
The 103D is powered from a 9-28 Volts DC supply. For installation in hazardous areas, a certified intrinsically safe version is available (please see Model 202D). The DC powered version will operate from an external power source between 9 and 28 Volts and draws no more than 4mA. This enables the 103D to be powered from AC mains adaptors and eliminates the need to run mains voltages in the field.
Lithium batteries provide totalizer and programming retention if the DC power supply is interrupted. The 103D Rate Totaliser is housed in a rugged, yet attractive, IP67 (Nema 4X) polycarbonate enclosure which is completely watertight. A wall mounting bracket (no gland holes) is supplied as standard, while panel and pipe mounting brackets are available as options.
Contrec 103D Flow Rate Totalizer General Specifications
- Temperature Limits: –20 to +60°C, –4 to +140°F
- Cable Entry: By cable gland
- Materials: Polycarbonate and ABS
- Total: 7 digit 10mm (0.4”) high LCD (continuously powered). Note: The Reset Total is resettable from the front panel and the Accumulated Total is displayed when the ACCUM TOT key is pressed Rate: 5 digit 8.5mm (0.33”) high LCD (continuously powered)
- K-factor Range: The pulses per unit of measure (eg.pulses/gallon) is programmable in the range 0.000001 to 999,999
- Decimal Points: Fully programmable for
Rate and Total
- Time Base: Rates can be displayed in units per second, minute, hour or day
- Frequency Range: 0.01Hz to 10kHz
- Signal Type: Switch settable for sine wave (15mV P-P minimum), open collector, reed switch or pulse
- Interference: CE compliance
High & Low Alarms
- Type: 4 x open collector output alarms suitable for driving DC solenoid or external relays.
- The outputs provide:
- 1. high-high,
- 2. high
- 3. low
- 4. low-low
- Switching Power: 200mA, 30Vdc maximum Saturation Voltage: 0.8Vdc across the output in the “ON” state
- Isolation: All outputs are separately opto-isolated
- Type: 2 x Lithium batteries
- Battery Life: 2 years